Sheet pan miso honey chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines the umami flavors of miso and the sweetness of honey. With just a few ingredients and a sheet pan, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal in no time.
The marinade of miso, honey, soy sauce, and garlic infuses the chicken with a rich and savory taste, while the high heat of the oven creates a caramelized and crispy skin. Serve this sheet pan chicken with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables for a complete and healthy meal.
Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or entertaining guests, sheet pan miso honey chicken is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken Recipe
Discover a delicious sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe that combines the savory flavors of miso and the sweetness of honey. This easy-to-make dish is perfect for a quick and flavorful weeknight meal.
Are you looking for a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that will impress your family and friends? Look no further than this delicious sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe. With the perfect combination of savory miso and sweet honey, this dish is sure to become a favorite for all occasions.
Whether you’re planning a weeknight dinner or hosting a dinner party, this recipe is a must-try. Let’s dive in and explore the amazing flavors of this sheet pan miso honey chicken!
What You’Ll Need:
- Chicken thighs: 4 pieces
- Miso paste: 3 tablespoons
- Honey: 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Rice vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, minced: 2 cloves
- Fresh ginger, grated: 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil: 1 tablespoon
- Green onions, chopped: For garnish
- Sesame seeds: For garnish
How To Make Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 425°f (220°c).
- In a bowl, combine miso paste, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and sesame oil. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place the chicken thighs on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Brush the miso honey sauce over the chicken, making sure to coat both sides evenly.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°f (74°c). Make sure to flip the chicken halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve the sheet pan miso honey chicken hot with a side of steamed rice or roasted vegetables. Enjoy the perfect balance of flavors in every bite!
Why You’Ll Love This Recipe:
- Bursting with flavor: The combination of miso paste, honey, and soy sauce creates a savory and sweet glaze that coats the chicken thighs, resulting in a deliciously flavorful dish.
- Easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients and a sheet pan, you can whip up this tasty chicken recipe in no time. It’s the perfect dish for busy weeknights or when you want to impress guests without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Versatile: This sheet pan miso honey chicken is incredibly versatile. You can serve it as a main dish alongside rice or roasted vegetables, or use it as a filling for sandwiches or wraps. The options are endless!
- Healthy and nutritious: Skinless chicken thighs provide a good source of lean protein, while the miso paste adds beneficial probiotics. The honey adds a touch of sweetness without overpowering the dish.
- Crowd pleaser: Whether you’re cooking for picky eaters or adventurous foodies, this recipe is sure to please everyone. The delicious flavors and tender chicken will have your guests asking for seconds.
So, next time you’re in need of a quick and delicious meal idea, give this sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe a try. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for any occasion. Happy cooking!
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken
Prepare a delicious sheet pan miso honey chicken dish with the perfect combination of savory miso and sweet honey. Enjoy a hassle-free cooking experience with all the necessary ingredients at your disposal.
This delicious sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe requires a handful of flavorful ingredients that come together to create a mouthwatering dish. From succulent boneless chicken thighs to savory miso paste and sweet honey, each ingredient plays a crucial role in enhancing the taste and aroma of this dish.
Let’s take a closer look at these essential components:
- Boneless chicken thighs: The star ingredient of this recipe, boneless chicken thighs provide juicy and tender bites that pair perfectly with the flavorful marinade.
- Miso paste: Known for its umami-rich taste, miso paste adds depth and complexity to the dish, infusing it with a distinct savory flavor.
- Honey: Adding a touch of natural sweetness, honey caramelizes during cooking, creating an irresistible glaze that coats the chicken.
- Soy sauce: With its salty and savory notes, soy sauce imparts a rich umami flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
- Sesame oil: Known for its nutty and aromatic profile, sesame oil intensifies the flavors and adds a delightful depth to the marinade.
- Rice vinegar: The mild acidity of rice vinegar adds a subtle tanginess to balance the sweetness of the honey, resulting in a well-rounded flavor profile.
- Garlic cloves: Aromatic and pungent, minced garlic cloves infuse the chicken with a delightful garlicky essence.
- Ginger: Freshly grated ginger lends a warm and zesty kick, complementing the other ingredients and adding a hint of freshness.
- Red pepper flakes: For those who enjoy a spicy kick, red pepper flakes provide a touch of heat, adding excitement to the overall flavor profile.
- Green onions: Finely chopped green onions not only add a pop of vibrant color but also contribute a mild onion flavor to the dish.
These carefully selected ingredients harmoniously blend together to create a mouthwatering sheet pan miso honey chicken that is sure to impress your taste buds.
Steps To Prepare Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken
Prepare an irresistible sheet pan miso honey chicken by following these easy steps. This recipe combines the umami flavors of miso with the sweetness of honey, resulting in a delicious and hassle-free meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
To create a delicious sheet pan miso honey chicken, follow these simple steps:
How To Combine Miso Paste, Honey, Soy Sauce, And Other Spices
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of miso paste, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Whisk the ingredients together until well combined, creating a flavorful marinade for the chicken.
How Long To Marinate The Chicken For Optimal Flavor
- Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring it is well-coated.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours for maximum flavor development.
Choosing The Right Size Sheet Pan For The Recipe
- Select a sheet pan large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer without overcrowding.
- A standard-sized sheet pan (18×13 inches) is typically suitable for most sheet pan recipes, including this one.
Preheating The Oven And Lining The Sheet Pan With Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 425°f (220°c) and line the sheet pan with parchment paper.
- This prevents the chicken from sticking to the pan and makes cleanup easier.
Tips For Spacing The Chicken Evenly On The Pan
- Arrange the marinated chicken pieces on the prepared sheet pan, leaving some space between each piece.
- This ensures even cooking and allows the heat to circulate around the chicken, resulting in a crisp and golden exterior.
How To Ensure The Chicken Cooks Evenly
- To ensure even cooking, flip the chicken pieces halfway through the cooking time.
- This helps each side crisp up nicely and prevents one side from becoming overly browned.
Suggested Vegetables To Include With The Chicken
- For a well-rounded meal, consider adding vegetables to your sheet pan alongside the chicken.
- Broccoli florets, sliced bell peppers, and baby carrots are excellent options that complement the flavors of the miso honey chicken.
Seasoning Options To Enhance The Flavor Profile
- Consider sprinkling some additional seasoning over the chicken and vegetables before baking.
- Crushed red pepper flakes add a touch of heat, while sesame seeds or chopped fresh herbs like cilantro or green onions can enhance the overall flavor profile.
Setting The Oven Temperature And Cooking Time
- Bake the sheet pan miso honey chicken in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°f (74°c).
How To Check For Doneness And Avoid Overcooking
- Ensure the chicken is fully cooked by checking its internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken, avoiding any bones.
- If the temperature reads 165°f (74°c), the chicken is safe to eat, tender, and flavorful.
Fresh Herbs Or Sesame Seeds For Garnishing
- After removing the sheet pan miso honey chicken from the oven, garnish it with fresh herbs like cilantro or sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- This adds a pop of color and taste to the dish, making it visually appealing as well.
Ideas For Serving The Chicken With Sides Or Salads
- Serve the sheet pan miso honey chicken with a side of fluffy jasmine rice or roasted potatoes for a satisfying meal.
- Alternatively, you can slice the chicken and add it to a fresh salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
- The versatility of this dish allows you to pair it with various sides or salads based on your preference and dietary requirements.
Tips For Variations And Customizations
Discover a range of tips for variations and customizations to elevate your sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe. From experimenting with different marinades to adding unique ingredients, these suggestions will help you create a personalized and flavorful twist to your dish.
Finding versatile recipes that can be customized to suit different dietary preferences is always a win. Sheet pan miso honey chicken is not only delicious but can also be easily adapted to cater to your unique taste and requirements. Here are some tips for variations and customizations to help you make this recipe your own:
Suggestions For Adapting The Recipe To Different Dietary Preferences:
- Vegetarian/vegan: Substitute the chicken with firm tofu or tempeh and use agave nectar instead of honey for a vegan-friendly alternative. You can also add an assortment of vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms to enhance the flavors and make it a complete meal.
- Gluten-free: Ensure that the miso paste you’re using is gluten-free. Use tamari or gluten-free soy sauce in place of regular soy sauce. Serve the chicken with gluten-free grains like quinoa or brown rice.
- Paleo: Make sure your miso paste and soy sauce are gluten-free and use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Replace honey with a paleo-friendly sweetener like maple syrup or coconut sugar. Add vegetables like cauliflower, zucchini, or sweet potatoes to go with the chicken.
Ideas For Incorporating Additional Flavors Or Ingredients:
- Spicy kick: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce to the miso honey marinade for some heat. You can also garnish with sliced jalapenos for an extra kick.
- Citrusy twist: Squeeze some fresh lime or lemon juice over the chicken before serving to add a refreshing citrus flavor. You can also grate some zest onto the chicken for added vibrancy.
- Herb-infused: Mix in chopped fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, or mint into the miso honey marinade for a burst of freshness. You can also sprinkle some dried herbs like thyme or rosemary over the chicken before baking.
- Nutty goodness: Sprinkle chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, or peanuts over the chicken before serving for some added crunch and richness of flavor.
- Exotic touch: Experiment with different spices and seasonings like cumin, turmeric, or curry powder to give the chicken an ethnic twist. Serve it with a side of spiced rice or naan bread to complete the meal.
These suggestions should give you a good starting point for customizing the sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe. Feel free to mix and match according to your taste buds, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your own unique additions.
Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken Faqs
Discover all the answers to your burning questions about sheet pan miso honey chicken, from cooking time and temperature to ingredient substitutions and storage tips.
If you’re new to making sheet pan miso honey chicken or have any lingering questions about the recipe, this section is here to help! We’ve compiled some common questions and provided answers to ensure you have all the information you need.
Whether you’re wondering about storage or reheating leftovers, we’ve got you covered.
Common Questions And Answers About The Recipe:
- Can i use a different protein instead of chicken? : While the recipe is specifically designed for chicken, you can experiment with other proteins such as tofu or shrimp. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can i substitute miso paste with something else? : Miso paste adds a unique flavor to the dish, but if you don’t have any on hand, you can try using soy sauce or worcestershire sauce as a substitute.
- Can i make this recipe vegetarian or vegan? : Absolutely! Just exclude the chicken and add more vegetables of your choice. Substituting honey with maple syrup or agave nectar will make it vegan-friendly.
- How do i ensure the chicken is cooked through? : To ensure your chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should be at least 165°f (75°c) for safe consumption.
- Can i double the recipe for a larger group? : Yes, you can double or even triple the ingredients to accommodate a larger group. Just make sure your sheet pans are large enough to hold everything without overcrowding.
- Can i make this dish ahead of time? : While sheet pan miso honey chicken is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken in advance. Remember to cook it on the day you plan to serve it for the best flavor and texture.
How To Store Leftovers And Reheat The Dish:
- Storing leftovers: Place any leftover chicken and vegetables in an airtight container and refrigerate within 2 hours of cooking. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing leftovers: If you have more leftovers than you can consume within a few days, you can freeze them in a freezer-safe container. Label the container with the date and use within 2-3 months for optimal quality.
- Reheating instructions: When ready to reheat, preheat your oven to 350°f (175°c). Place the leftovers on a baking sheet and cover with foil to prevent drying out. Heat for about 15-20 minutes or until warmed through. Alternatively, you can reheat on a stovetop using a non-stick pan on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Now that you have answers to some common questions and know how to store and reheat leftovers, you can confidently enjoy your sheet pan miso honey chicken any time and any place. Happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions Of Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken?
To make sheet pan miso honey chicken, you will need chicken thighs, miso paste, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and your choice of vegetables.
This sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe is a delicious and hassle-free option for a quick weeknight meal. By marinating the chicken in a flavorful miso and honey glaze, you ensure that each bite is packed with savory and sweet flavors.
The convenience of cooking everything on one sheet pan means less time spent on washing up and more time enjoying the company of loved ones at the dinner table. With the addition of colorful vegetables, this dish is not only visually appealing but also provides a well-rounded and nutritious meal.
Whether you are a busy parent or someone looking to impress guests with minimal effort, this sheet pan miso honey chicken recipe is sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how easy and delicious it can be to create a flavorful meal in no time?